Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory
06-07-2018, 02:18 AM
RE: Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory
Darn, I really wish I'd taken notice of this thread sooner.

Unfortunately, the only calculator I have that's a formula-storing non-graphical calculator is a rather ugly Canon F-804P. That Canon's also no longer in production, and I don't know if there's a modern Canon equivalent. If there is, I haven't got it. I covered it (and others) in my blog post over on blogspot. The calculator comes with 27 variables (A-Z, Theta), 38 baked-in formulae, 10 physics constants, and the ability to both store formula and solve those formulae, but there's a limit (that I haven't yet hit) of up to 99 formulae including the 38 already installed in the calculator. Presumably the formulae use the existing 26 variables for their variable recalling and prompting. It's also the smallest calculator I have, at only 140mm high, 80 mm wide and 11mm thick. This would already have made it a daily driver, except for two things: the fascia is one of the ugliest I've come across in a calculator, and the English portion of the manual was not translated very well at all. It also (apparently) only has 145 functions, unlike the 240 that the Casio FX-82MS advertises.

(Post 241)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific calculators that have formula/equation memory - brickviking - 06-07-2018 02:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)