Mean and standard deviation on the HP25
12-03-2017, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 04:52 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Mean and standard deviation on the HP25
(12-01-2017 06:35 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  I confirm this behavior of the HP-25. Even if number entry is in progress, the stack is pushed and either mean or sdev is placed in the X register.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have checked this behaviour on your HP25 emulator which, I assume, runs the original firmware and thus should behave like the real thing. The reason why I'm asking is another HP25 simulator that does it differently. Which seems to get fixed now. ;-)

While we're at it: there is one thing that's a bit strange on your emulator. If you press a key on the PC keyboard that does not have an assignment, the last valid key seems to get repeated. Example: Type 123, then "A" or "C" or "Esc" several times. The "3" is repeated.

This also happens with the "Alt" key, so that common key sequences like Alt+Tab for switching to another program may change the displayed result. Example: calculate log 7 and switch to your word processor to insert the result – as soon as the Alt-key is pressed the display changes to "7". Maybe this can be fixed some time. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mean and standard deviation on the HP25 - Dieter - 12-03-2017 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)