hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews
10-29-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews
(10-29-2017 01:45 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  For some reason, the reviewers on this forum highlighted only the bad aspects of this calculator. The weird bugs, 99,9% of all users will never encounter in real life, and the keyboard issues with some batches.

If you read all the threads about the '35S, you will see there are many critical ones, but also many positive ones. In general (keyboard and battery flaws aside, seemingly related to mfg batches which all products suffer from) this is a very nice RPN calculator, with a nice mix of features and optional settings. Most of the true shortcomings (e.g. R->P conversion IIRC) have had simple workarounds documented.

I agree 99.9% of users will never notice the issues, they are all fairly esoteric. However the one flaw I could not overlook is the buggy program CRC routines which make it impossible to verify one has properly entered a program from a listing documented with the 'proper' CRC value.

As Dieter and others have quite correctly commented, this is no worse than most earlier models which had no CRC feature at all, with the annoying exception that it can make you review an entered program many times looking for the error that isn't really there. Many folks have tried to characterize that flaw, but as far as I know no one has.

So, yes, it really is a very good calculator for most folks, however the vast majority of members on this Forum do not typically fit in the 'most folks' category. Note that is not criticism, just rationale to understand why a generally popular calculator can appear to have a bad reputation here at MoHPC.

My advice is buy one and try it; most likely you will like it. I like mine and use it often, despite the many flaws and comments I've made about it's issues.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp35s amazon reviews VS MoHPC reviews - rprosperi - 10-29-2017 02:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)