How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it?
09-24-2017, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2017 01:34 PM by pier4r.)
RE: How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it?
It sounds interesting as personal challenge!

Also I am pretty sure RPL EE programs already exist scattered on hpcalc.org , this forum and comp.sys.hp48 (a news group) although your request may need a program ad hoc.

I am not sure if I understood what is your objective though, can you make a poignant example?

What I understood is the following.

You need to produce a resistor of value 177 , you don't have the piece with you so you want to pick the pieces that can do this in the smallest amount given that you put them in series..

So a solution for 177 (maybe not the shortest one, it is just an example) would be to put in series resistor of 10 (x10), then 47 (x1) then two times 15 (x1) . Is that correct?

And this changes if some resistors are missing, correct? Like you don't have the 10 (x10)

edit: after a second read of your post I guess the example is not needed.
You want all the 2 possible combinations in series and in parallel and the closest match with the value in input (with some indication about: what what was used for the match and what is the difference).

That sounds like a task for the ListExtension of David. Docomb especially. here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8555.html

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it? - pier4r - 09-24-2017 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)