How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it?
09-24-2017, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2017 12:49 PM by setq.)
How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it?
I’m the owner of a 50g and I’d like to port a few programs away from the PC. I get distracted pretty easily and end up on eBay if I go near it Smile

I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to RPL programming. I’ve written a couple of things that do simple solvers like parallel resistance/capacitance etc where you dump two values on the stack and execute a program to get a solution but I have a more complicated problem to solve. However I need to know where to start and how to learn it effectively. I’ve been programming for 25 years in C etc so I’m not a complete programming newbie.

Basically I do a lot of EE work which requires precise resistor values. We carry stock of standard E12 values in I.e 10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 27, 33, 39, 47, 56, 68, 82. In ranges x0.1, x1, x10, x100, x1k, x10k, x100k, x1M. Instead of waiting 2-3 days for the correct value to arrive from a supplier, I tend to use value combinations of two resistors in parallel and series on the breadboard. Unfortunately calculating these takes time by hand.

So I wrote a C program that generated a list of all series and parallel combinations of any two resistors sorted in value order. I then wrote another program that sorts them by closest match, reports the two values either side of the match and reports a percentage difference so I can evaluate tolerance.

I’d like to port that to RPL or come up with a better method. Any pointers appreciated. I explicitly don’t want hand holding, just a nudge in the right direction Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I learn RPL and solve this problem with it? - setq - 09-24-2017 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)