Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A
09-26-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A
(09-26-2017 07:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I think here the actual charging current is more intesting, i.e. the current through R1. Maybe Neve should measure this instead of the total current the circuit draws from the adapter.

@Neve: Locate the resistor on the PCB in the battery pack. Place the two meter tips at its two ends and measure the voltage (!). Should be something around 6 V. Divide this voltage by 0,365 to get the charging current in mA.

Alternate method: open one of the two connections between the NiMH cell pack and the PCB (leave the other one connected). Set the meter to DC Amps and place its two tips at the two ends of opened connection, i.e. these two points are now connected by the meter. Now you can measure the charging current directly.

Dieter

Dieter, I would if I could. But I partially sealed back the pack after rebuilding it. I don’t really feel like reopening in again unless I really have to.

But thank you for the idea.

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A - Neve - 09-26-2017 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)