Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A
09-22-2017, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 10:14 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A
(09-22-2017 09:20 PM)Neve Wrote:  Can anyone be so kind as to what NiMh battery cell to use to rebuild the battery packs of my HP82162A, HP82143A and HP82161A cassette drive? All I need is a reference and a supplier.

The battery pack for these devices uses four Sub-C (SC) batteries. I would recommend you contact a professional service that rebuilds battery packs (not only for calculators) because only this way the four cells can be adaequately welded together. If you want to do it yourself you would have to get flat-top batteries with soldering tabs – but this is not the preferred method.

Quality-wise most major brand batteries should be fine, especially Sanyo and Panasonic. AFAIK Sanyo now is a part of Panasonic, so this probably is the obvious choice. For the HP printers I'd pick a general use battery, not the one with the highest possible capacity. Special versions for high drain applications are not required, you won't need something that may supply 20 A or more. ;-) Maybe there also is a local service near you that can both provide the four cells as well as do a professional cell replacement for you.

Note 1: Complete replacement packs with current NiMH batteries are readily available, cf. here.
Note 2: If you want to change the cells yourself there are also welded packs of four SC batteries available, cf. here. You can even choose the battery type, and there also is a service to have the complete replacement done for a moderate fee.

Both examples are German suppliers, but you should be able to find similar offers in your region as well.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recommanded NiMh battery cells for HP82162A - Dieter - 09-22-2017 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)