Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
05-22-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(05-20-2018 11:28 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Early release this time as I tried to collect very slowly to avoid side effects (over 20 days, 1 request each 30 seconds) some of the public discussions of this myBB forum (until thread 10720, but threads can be updated). This due to the recent losses that stimulate me to act. Of course they cannot beat a forum dump, but better than nothing.

I just spent the last 13 days downloading the archives of the old forum (at a similarly slow rate so as not to put undue load on the server). It looks like there were around 175,000 posts retrieved; because the sequence numbers go to around 258,000 I'm not sure if I missed some or if there are just that many gaps in the sequence.

I still have a lot of work to do on it (I will eventually write some code to refactor the site in an automated manner to make it more usable), but I believe I have all threads and all Museum-hosted images from those threads. I will probably make a second pass later to attempt to get remotely hosted images as well, before any more image hosting sites shut down.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - Eric Rechlin - 05-22-2018 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)