Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
11-29-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(11-28-2017 11:10 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I saw 1 US, 1 German and 1 Czech user, same as Mark.

I've no idea why it stopped yesterday but continues today, but it all seems good now. Probably the issue was the changing IP address. (why does your ISP change IP addresses so often? I've had the same one for nearly a year)

Thanks to both of you for feedback.

You're welcome. Such feedback is crucial for p2p connections because otherwise one has no ideas.

The German client should be me, the IP should mostly be 77.xxx (sometimes is 87.xxx) if I am not mistaken.

I leave the torrent app always open since I started to share the HP41 dvd and the torrents mentioned here, 24/7 . So it is like 70 days or more now.

What I cannot really trust, I think, is the report from qBittorrent about the torrent sources. In this moment qBittorrent says that there are in total 8 seeds, so 7 more excluded me, but I am not sure whether this is true or not. This because I am not directly connected to those seeds, therefore the value it is like an estimate.

For the ISP changing ip address, this is due to home users and NAT. So some IPs have a certain amount of public addresses and rotate them between the clients through "lease expiration" . It is easier to manage things in this way.

It is like using DHCP at home.

Some other connections, that are more costly, have a fixed IP until the router restarts, but that is the exception, at least in Europe.

out of 4 billion Ipv4, US has 1.5 billions, so maybe the providers there can afford to lease IPs in a more sticky way.

Instead there are providers, for example mobile providers, that use one public IP address for hundreds of clients at once. So it gets even worse in that case.

One last note. At the moment I shared the last hp calc torrent for 63% of its size, so it is obvious that other seeds helped me to let people complete the torrent saving my bandwidth (and this is the strength of p2p and torrent. For this I would like to see digital collections shared via torrent).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - pier4r - 11-29-2017 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)