Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
10-22-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(10-22-2017 07:22 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(10-22-2017 07:14 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  Yes, I know how it should work. The issue is I can't get a single magnet link to work no matter what client I try but a plain old torrent will work right away every time.

That's strange though. If a torrent file works, a magnet link should work too. The procedure to get the file is identical. In the torrent file normally you find only which files you would expect to download before downloading the actual metadata from a source.

Does the magnet link of the HP41-DVD fails too? (without using a torrent file, I mean only the magnet link)

Anyway, I updated the repository of torrent files here:
http://clserver1.cz.pier4r.t28.net:2080/...c_torrent/

At least for me, the procedure I follow is this:

select the magnet:? link with your mouse from the beginning to the end of the whole link including the &dn=hp_calc_torrent. Right-click and select Copy. When you get to your torrent client (I use Tixati and Transmission, but this should work for anything that works with magnet links) create a new torrent with the "Add" (Tixati), "Add URL" (Transmission) or equivalent function. In Tixati's case, I select the "Magnet Link" tab, and paste the copied link into the white box. In Transmission's case, I simply paste the magnet link into the box. Then I click "OK". Can't be simpler unless there's other shenanigans going on. I no longer trust that the browser would actually know what to do with a magnet:? link, because I found that it often doesn't, but cut-and-paste will work for me.

(Post 122)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - brickviking - 10-22-2017 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)