Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
10-04-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(10-03-2017 11:03 PM)pier4r Wrote:  As wrote in another thread: because tomorrow the links could be gone (and indeed, some issues of hp solve where not directly reachable) just because someone moves the directory without updating the links.

I agree completely with your rationale. A number of times I've found the answer I was looking for in the old archived forum posts, only to find links to pictures or documents yield "404 - Not Found." A related example of course would be all of Geoff's pictures documenting fixes and repairs that are no longer available due to changes in terms and conditions of the image host he was using.

I would suggest limiting content to that which is not already available via torrent or which is already widely replicated elsewhere. Always more fun to collect those rare gems! Smile TOS is now available via torrent and Eric indicates hpcalc.org may soon be as well. The content of those sites is probably safe.

Perhaps someone could suggest a useful web site that is no longer actively maintained and may be in danger of disappearing? Something along the lines of the (HP49?) collection of programs by the late German professor that was only restored due to the intervention of others.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - mfleming - 10-04-2017 02:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)