Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
09-30-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 09:42 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(09-30-2017 08:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Rather than creating an entirely new pkg. each time, perhaps its better to break it down into several torrents, separated by topic, such as manuals, programs, etc. or possibly by model series (classic, 41, Pioneer, RPL, etc.) to make smaller downloads without repeating 90% every time, and also allow the others to have more seeders.

Well it is more work and it does not allow refactoring. I have one folder with everything inside, if I change the order I have to recreate a lot of torrents.

Then a nice things of torrents, that are optimal for collection, is that the user can see the file list and skip the ones that are uninteresting. The collection is not a zip, that is a monolithic bundle, it is pretty flexible with a torrent.

edit and once again files disappear (see that is unintended maintenance). This is either some mistake that I do with double commander, I am not used to its selection, or something is going on with my nas although the daily SMART tests are all fine. I'll try to avoid double commander for the time being, let's see what happens.

If someone else wants to seed the single smaller part can do it, for the moment I try at least to keep one with new items more I cannot do at the moment.

edi2: found the culprit. Qbittorrent deletes files that does not recognize in the folder (from previous torrents versions). That's a very ugly design decision in my opinion. A user does not want extra files to be deleted.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - pier4r - 09-30-2017 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)