Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
10-06-2020, 05:46 PM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
(10-06-2020 05:28 PM)EdS2 Wrote:  Thanks. I do favour decentralisation, but I think torrents in particular do well with a critical mass, and one never knows the lifetime of an interest, so other approaches are useful in parallel.

As it happens, my network setup only allows me to download, not to share, so I can't help with the community aspect. I am now downloading three torrents, I think - ETA 4 days - and one torrent is stuck with no peers (hp_calc_torrent_u201805_as_a_zip_due_to_the_size.zip)

Yes the mass is important too, but I have quite some experience and although torrent is not ed2k, some things can last long as well. It is the same with websites like this one, there should be someone paying the bill at the end. Casiocalc.org was almost closed a couple of years ago but found a way to be moved. This to say, if there is no interest everything that is private or based on few individuals will go down as long as it is digital (digital things are very fragile).

I also understand that there are networks were sharing is not easy (natted for example) thus if someone can upload it on other systems that aren't community based, it is great.

The other torrent you mention has at least me as a source and the DHT is working, so no idea. Maybe you need to wait. I see that someone is getting data from 3 torrents.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - pier4r - 10-06-2020 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)