Summing lists in directory structure
09-17-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Summing lists in directory structure
(09-17-2017 04:07 AM)brickviking Wrote:  Hm. That could be interesting when and if I ever write a SysRPL program. Of course, debug4x has both the things you specified were missing from HPUserEdit. I don't know if it has any help for writing INPUT boxes (it does have an INFORM builder), but I can't see any direct support for importing *.hp files in debug4x (compiled RPL). It's also not aimed at UserRPL writers, but it doesn't leave it out either. HPUserEdit most certainly supports UserRPL and importing of .hp (pipes it to EMU, then slurps it into the editor).

Debug4x wasn't designed with UserRPL in mind, and thus only has minimal support for it (code completion and templates for UserRPL are there, but not much else). Stepping through code and compiling/decompiling objects are all relegated to the embedded Emu48 instance, which requires a lot of manual interaction. HPUserEdit is much better in comparison.

If you ever decide to branch out into SysRPL or Saturn coding, however, I would whole-heartedly recommend Debug4x. The user interface is a bit "long in the tooth" now as an IDE, but it's the best way I know of to observe what's truly going on in the calculator while running a SysRPL/Saturn program.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summing lists in directory structure - DavidM - 09-17-2017 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)