How and why do you use your HP calc?
09-14-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc?
(09-14-2017 02:34 PM)jebem Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 03:04 AM)Neve Wrote:  I was wondering what is your reason for using a HP calculator.

Hi, Neve, Bienvenue sur ces forums.

1.- As a collector of HP and non-HP machines, I like to use them occasionally to dust them.
Probably my main reason!

2.- Also a good opportunity to refresh my math school days, by reading and testing the information posted here by our math expert members.
And we have in this museum forum so many great articles/comments on math (check the archives as well)!

3.- Working with computers since 1980, I shouldn't need a dedicated physical calculator anymore for any kind of calculations.
Before that, specially at school in the mid 70's, where only a few people could have access to mainframe computers, a scientific calculator was the obvious solution to compute/program a computer.
That said, these days a dedicated calculator can be so more convenient when compared to a virtual calculator, specially for fast and simple calculations.

I hear you.
Apart from not being a collector, it's pretty much my position on the subject.

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc? - Neve - 09-14-2017 04:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)