The Mathematical-Function Computation Handbook
09-07-2017, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 01:26 PM by SlideRule.)
RE: The Mathematical-Function Computation Handbook
ALL

As an instructor in Technical Mathematics, my educational institution has instructor / educator courtesy access, so I also have access to the electronic version of the book. A quote from page viii in the preface may be of some interest to this forum:
"because a substantial portion of the human population seems to have a fear of mathematics, or at least finds it uncomfortable and unfamiliar, this book takes care to minimize the reader’s exposure to mathematics. There are many research papers on the elementary and special functions that provide the mathematical detail that is a necessary foundation for computer implementations, but in most cases, we do not need to deal with it directly. As long as you have some familiarity with programming in at least one common language, and you can recall some of your high-school algebra, and are willing to accept the results of a few short excursions into calculus, you should be able to understand this book, and learn much from it".

BEST!
SlideRule

emphasis in BOLD mine
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mathematical-Function Computation Handbook - SlideRule - 09-07-2017 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)