(49G) OEIS A046034 : Numbers Composed Exclusively of Digits 2, 3, 5, 7
09-05-2017, 12:50 AM
RE: (49G) OEIS A046034 : Numbers Composed Exclusively of Digits 2, 3, 5, 7
Hmmm...interesting. I am thinking this is a bug in Jazz.

Using the same extable library, Jazz (which I have been using for all of Gerald's posts because I'm too lazy to add the !RPL !NO_CODE to the beginning and @ to the end) compiles it incorrectly, giving the incorrect bytes/checksum that I listed. The built in assembler (ASM) works fine.

What makes it even more interesting is when I do a ->S2 on it, both the Jazz compiled code and the ASM compiled code decompile to the same source.

Inspecting the hexadecimal representations of both shows the difference. They are almost identical. The only difference is that Jazz compiles the ZINT 0 to the following, which is a positive signed zero:

41620 (DOINT)

And ASM compiles ZINT 0 to the following, which is an unsigned zero (which is correct -- zero should not be signed):

41620 (DOINT)

The former does not work; the latter works fine. But calling ->S2 on either yields the same thing:

!NO CODE
!RPL
ZINT 0
@

Sorry for the false alarm, Gerald. Looks like Jazz is incorrectly putting a sign on zero!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (49G) OEIS A046034 : Numbers Composed Exclusively of Digits 2, 3, 5, 7 - Eric Rechlin - 09-05-2017 12:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)