The sentence "in the old days calculators were released at faster pace" is unfair
08-24-2017, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 08:05 PM by aurelio.)
RE: The sentence "in the old days calculators were released at faster pace" ...
Pier, if I caught the meaning of the sentence, (the owner 'll forgive me if it isn't) you should be agree with Robert.
In the seventies were made so many different kind of calculator but at those times maybe the challenge was in making always new pocket calculators with perfomances at the beginning unbelievable for an hand held device and then in products designed not just only for scientific purposes. The challenge continued with passion till the use of PC became so popular, and till the moment when to talk about "hardware" meant talk about the personal computers, at least at this latitude.
the same has not been with smartphones as you well already pointed. These "inseparable" companions then took a place in our lives perhaps beyond the initial expectations and original purposes of a mobile communication device

Reading your post I'm agree with mostly your thoughts If we think about PC processors as a friend of mine who loves sailing says "dead calm this week", not the same with the software: continuously we get new releases.

Times have changed as the old people say, and people with them; industries follow this trend and it is difficult sometimes to accept it, as well as difficult to compare champions of the nowadays football with the ones of the past times. Smile forgive this last sentence or the entire reply Smile

edit: typos Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The sentence "in the old days calculators were released at faster pace" ... - aurelio - 08-24-2017 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)