Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel?
03-11-2014, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 01:13 PM by Angus.)
RE: Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel?
Having higher powered hardware at hand developers are easily mislead into designing a kind of consumer-like device.
Say a smartphone. No need to be carefully engineered. It will be thrown away soon enough... No need to spend too much time in details.

Think about the prime. To me things like flickering screen and numerous obvious flaws sign of unfaithful engineering. That should not happen with a calculator demanding to be choosen over a smartphone.
That is my own opinion. If one is more economically oriented than engineering centric a different opinion is fine.
I fully understand HP67's thinking and argumentation (plus I do share it mostly), but HP needs to do proper work on such devices otherwise people like me don't trust in solid developed devices for too long.
That said: I am not sure who will be right. Considering the carelessness of both customers and companies I can kind of imagine Manolo might be proven right in the future.
Althogh my pedantic, engineering innermost hopes that quality will be victorious and the calculator will survive. Evolved, yes please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel? - Angus - 03-11-2014 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)