HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1
07-28-2017, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 12:40 AM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1
(07-28-2017 10:23 PM)gjmcclure Wrote:  Okay, I am attaching a ZIP with three files:

1) OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD, for use in GO41CX slot #1 only, it contains LIB4, AMC OS/X, and EVAL (should be latest one just now being released by Ángel.

2) WARP_UNIT.MOD, which combines WARP CORE and UNIT CONVERSION modules (can be put in ANY slot)

3) HP-16C_GJM.MOD, which combines the HP16C and GJM modules (can be put in ANY slot). The GJM module was recreated to have ID 19 instead of 31, this allows it not to conflict with EVAL_1F which covers IDs 30 and 31.

WARP_UNIT and HP-16C_GJM are just my way of putting two 4K modules into a single 8K slot. They require LIB4.

Greg

Greg,

Are these modules unique to GO41CX ? Including 3 modules in the first MOD file is what I'm curious about. If not, can LIB4 be included in any MOD image, since it's hard-addressed for Page-4?

Small request for the future: When sharing MOD files like this (btw, thank you for doing that) can you include a small text file with the same notes as the post, so that weeks later when I actually get to try it, I don't have to search for the post where it was shared, I'd have it right in the .zip? Lately I've been copy/pasting the notes into the zip myself, but I assume others would benefit for the same reason.

Thanks for assembling and sharing these, currently the most interesting set of ROMs, and also thx for tweaking the ROM ID, allowing HP-16C_GJM to coexist with these others. ID 19 is a perfect choice as I don't believe I have ever loaded one of the 'X' (ID 19) ROMs and I thought I'd die before that ever happened. Wink

Update: Successfully loaded all 3 MOD files into GO41CX, all seems to work fine. So I outlived it after all...

Thanks again Greg!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1 - Jotne - 06-27-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1 - rprosperi - 07-28-2017 11:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)