Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
08-02-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
(08-02-2017 01:57 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Would the Fresnel functions S(x) and C(x) be a problem to implement? What about the elliptical integrals?

The function bernoulli and multinomial get my support.

I am going to look up kolmogorovd, kolmogorovt, wilcoxonp, wlicoxons, and wilcoxnt because I don't know what they are.

Fresnel functions S(x) and C(x) was suggested before, but at the time parisse view was that the application was to small to warrant a full implementation in XCAS.

However, as S(x)=int(sin(x^2),x,0,x) and C(x)=int(cos(x^2),x,0,x) can be expressed as a function of the erf(x), which is implemented, you can actually do S(x) and C(x) today with some work of your own. See thread here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-588...52555.html.

I think in the end, parisse went ahead and implemented int(sin(x^2),x,0,x) and int(cos(x^2),x,0,x) in XCAS in terms of erf(x) for finite boundaries in definite integration case. So if you need S(x) you can use the method described in the thread and get it to work today. Of course it would be nice to have it natively implemented as S(x) and C(x) in PRIME hiding all the underlying transformations and so you do not have to do all this yourself.

All the others you mentioned get my vote too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion - Anders - 08-02-2017 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)