Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
06-27-2017, 02:30 AM
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion
I'm traveling so I cannot give a complete view but just immediately from the lists you have questions on.

simplex_reduce is key in classic optimization / Linear Programming. I would say any Optimization class will cover this at the 101 level. would be great to have this by default instead of programming it our selves (been there). Also great if it can perform the calculations staying in the rational (Z) domain if all coefficients are in Z (I think it can stay in Z in Xcas). Of course if has to work in the real domain (R) but that is a give.

is_pseudoprime is important in crypto. A network/internet/crypto security class could cover some of this. So useful in computer science/engineering.

You are right in that "zeros" and "czeros" covers rationalroot, crationalroot. realroot, i.e. rationalroot, crationalroot. realroot do not give us anything new.

Is Z/pZ and Z/pZ[x] implemented as in Xcas? Not sure (for vectors etc). Have not tested all.

dfc and dfc2f are helpful educationally in analytic theory, real and complex analysis so why not implement it?

Understand the licensing issue with Airy_Ai and Airy_Bi. Is there another way to get them?

Really happy to see that below are potential candidates - great additions to probability:

chisquaret
kolmogorovd
kolmogorovt
multinomial
randvector
wilcoxonp
wilcoxons
wilcoxont

Great that also that these are considered:

adjoint_matrix
bernoulli
blockmatrix
changebase
colspace
genpoly
makevector
isom
rowspace
tcoeff

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Existing CAS commands --> Prime discussion - Anders - 06-27-2017 02:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)