41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ?
09-20-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: 41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ?
(09-20-2017 03:14 AM)Neve Wrote:  3- Yes, all the modules are already loaded onto the board. However, you can update the board or install new modules as they become available through either the serial interface that you can also order as an option (requires a bit of soldering and installation) or using the HP-IL—>PIL BOX, I guess. But, as I don’t have a CL board myself yet, I may be wrong about that.

No soldering is required, the serial port simply plugs-in to the CL board via a small internal cable when installing the CL board.

The serial port is used for updating the CL board itself, but can also be used in an application as the CL provides FOCAL commands for sending and receiving serial data. Also note that this serial port can be easily connected to modern PCs using USB/RS-232 converter cables.

The standard '41 HP-IL module can connect to the PIL-Box for any normal 41 HP-IL data operations (saving/reading files to storage, printing, etc.) but HP-IL in NOT needed to use the CL or for updating the CL internal ROMs.

A new technique for very easily updating the application ROMs in the CL was just introduced at HHC by Sylvain Cote (developed by Monte and Sylvain) and the video for that presentation will be available shortly.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL chips going EOL - how many 41CL boards are desired in the future ? - rprosperi - 09-20-2017 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)