Is HP Prime going out of production?
06-14-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production?
I believe that for HP Prime to maintain approval to be used in various tests (SAT, AP etc) HP cannot open up the platform for 3rd party native coded add-ons (Not just in exam mode) as it essentially would break the College Board and other organization's certifications.

However, if HP did the inclusion of ported libraries into an official release and going through College Board etc certification process (to ben approved for SAT, AP etc), then all of what Ricardo and others have written is possible.

Net, net: It is up to HP to use the right ports and libraries (with the advanced math functions Ricardo and others have written about many times) that does not cause licensing issues (and that is possible and we keep pointing out the various ways to HP on this forum) and include that in the HP Prime firmware in a controlled way thus avoiding problems with the College Board and other organizations.

It comes down to HP's willingness to invest and the business case. Does the revenue benefit outweighs the cost with a healthy ROI (meting IRR standards)?

I believe it can. The market is all engineering collages in the world which means millions and millions of students of new students every year.

Maybe HP needs TI to do something like HP Prime (but higher spec) and include the ideas presented on this forum first so we get some competition.

I've always found that competition is the motivator for action (and with market threating competition, IRR standards suddenly are less important Smile ).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production? - Anders - 06-14-2017 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)