Is HP Prime going out of production?
05-27-2017, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 05:25 PM by Anders.)
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production?
(05-27-2017 04:18 PM)thomas Wrote:  
(05-27-2017 01:19 AM)Anders Wrote:  The thing is that the HP Prime CAS platform is very rich and powerful, [...] Gröbner basis and Galois field [...] Do they know it's there?

Nonetheless, there are several extremely useful functions implemented in XCAS/giac with much broader appeal that I cannot find on the HP Prime [...], a MB size thing or me unable to correctly search the help file thing, e.g. I cannot find Simplex [...]

The platform still have so much potential but I am not sure students know.

I did not consider the HP Prime for computational algebra. But now I do have to ask what kind of functions would I miss compared to the full version of XCAS?

I do not think you need to worry Prime does not have powerful CAS system, it does. You should get one immediately Smile I really mean that. There is nothing that is remotely as powerful as HP Prime out there (same form factor) and CAS is maybe the best reason to buy one today (even with current version).

However, what I am saying is:
- they can include even more from XCAS/giac to make it even better and more up-to-date and it is unclear what is in and what is not in from XCAS/giac 1.2.3.
- The advanced stuff in HP Prime is not very well documented or presented in marketing material (by reading existing User Guide and in calculator help file, how many really know to use CAS and all it's functions - examples from above)
- There is no multi year road map marketed to explain what's coming next to hype up the longevity of HP Prime - publishing such a document would kill all rumors of HP Prime going out of Production.

Again HP Prime is the best you can get so get one Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production? - Anders - 05-27-2017 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)