Is HP Prime going out of production?
05-27-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production?
Over the years, I also saw Bernard several times writing he fixed reported bugs in the PC version. I am not sure what is really in the current Prime version or what's coming next (latest published f/w version is from August 2016).

The thing is that the HP Prime CAS platform is very rich and powerful, given the form factor. I mean it can do Gröbner basis and Galois field and other advanced level or grad school stuff most engineering undergrads never heard of, never mind really using it. Very useful stuff for the advanced university student Smile Do they know it's there?

Nonetheless, there are several extremely useful functions implemented in XCAS/giac with much broader appeal that I cannot find on the HP Prime so I assume it's a versioning thing, a MB size thing or me unable to correctly search the help file thing, e.g. I cannot find Simplex (which btw would be extremely useful to a very broad group of engineering university students).

But my main point is that perhaps HP is underselling HP Prime given all the power it has in CAS.

- The advanced stuff is not very well documented or presented in marketing material
- There is no multi year road map marketed

Since I am writing I might as well put Tensor calculus on the wish list (but that is not in giac either I think) - still I could not resist wishing for it Smile
With that functionality GR, AI students would rush to buy one.

The platform still have so much potential but I am not sure students know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is HP Prime going out of production? - Anders - 05-27-2017 01:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)