Free42 for iOS likely to end soon
04-30-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: Free42 for iOS likely to end soon
(04-30-2017 12:07 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  I was greatly saddened by the early posts in this thread but the reversed decision cheered me up. Free42 is too good to not have.

Pauli

Thanks. :-)

I do hope that this is the end of it, but time will have to tell. As far as I know, the initial rejection of release 2.0.2 was perfectly in line with a new policy that Apple adopted about a month ago; what's surprising is that they didn't reject 2.0.1, and that they reversed themselves on the rejection of 2.0.2.

I'm still left to wonder whether my argument that the "Free" in "Free42" stands for "free as in libre," not "free as in gratis" made any difference. Does their new policy allow the word "Free" if the app is Free/Open Source? Or didn't they have such an exemption, but they do now? Is the next Free42 update going to get rejected, because the next reviewer didn't get the memo, or because there was no memo in the first place?

This is all frustratingly opaque, because the official reason they give, App Store Review Guideline 2.3.7, is too vague, so the real policy at issue here is a purely internal guideline that I have no knowledge about.

Oh, well. Time will tell.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 for iOS likely to end soon - Thomas Okken - 04-30-2017 12:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)