Free42: advanced Copy & Paste
04-23-2017, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 05:03 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Free42: advanced Copy & Paste
(04-23-2017 02:57 PM)jch Wrote:  1) Remove the current program pointer when Copying a program?
2) Currently, pasting a program erases the current program, could there be some interest inserting instead?

1) I think you're referring to the ▶ character that is inserted in front of all LBL instructions. That's authentic HP behavior, but I do think I should find a different character, or at least offer an option to leave it off, because that particular character gets interpreted as an emoji on iOS, and the result is pretty hideous. :-)
2) It doesn't erase the current program: it performs a [GTO] [.] [.] and then adds the pasted program at the end.

UPDATE: The ▶ character that gets emojified in iOS is 'BLACK RIGHT-POINTING TRIANGLE' (U+25B6); it turns out that 'BLACK RIGHT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE' (U+25B8), which looks like ▸, gets left alone, *and* I think it looks a lot better in program listings. I'm changing the HP<->Unicode logic in Free42 accordingly.
I am *also* updating the program listings I'm putting up at http://thomasokken.com/free42/42progs/ accordingly, and that means you won't be able to read them with the current build, because it doesn't recognize the ▸ character. Version 2.0.1 will have the fix.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42: advanced Copy & Paste - pier4r - 04-22-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Free42: advanced Copy & Paste - jch - 04-23-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Free42: advanced Copy & Paste - Thomas Okken - 04-23-2017 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)