HP50 Grayscale programming (Updated)
03-26-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: HP50 Grayscale programming (Updated)
Well my sources are in the archive somewhere please note "open" in open fire doesn't mean open source it rather means like... "fire away" :-)
for documentation:
-there is a detailed PDF from Samsung, just google for:
samsung S3C2410X pdf

once again, if your game is in "Saturn domain" and if it works right on older 48 series I very much recommend using OpenFire to initialize the REALPF (read readme.txt for detailed instructions) grayscale mode, if the game is in "ARM domain" HPGCC has all the things you need C style ofcourse.
There is really no need to "reinvent the wheel"

If your game already works page-flipping, properly handling page timing and everything. All you need to do is initialize PF (page flipping mode) and when flipping frame buffers just call appropriate OpenFire routine and you'll get flicker free page-flipped grayscale. (this is meant for porting of older games, 32 gray scale image viewers and so on...)

OpenFire supports page-flipping grayscale it fixes some bugs (in fact emulates the "bugs") exactly as they were on the 48 series.

Check out the hpcalc.org for Lilian's games ported to HP50G using OpenFire.
These games are originally made for 48S and G series, Lilian ported these to 50G by modifying a couple of jumps/calls so these work as intended in 50G gray scale.
most gray scale classics like: ice cube, dune, cyclo, dr.barjo
If I remember right some of them he modified actually without the proper source code (just adding/modifying opcodes in binary). just added a far jump (GOSBVL) to page-flipping routine.

keep up the good work,
manjo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50 Grayscale programming ? - sunhp - 03-25-2017, 05:10 AM
RE: HP50 Grayscale programming ? - snrowe - 03-25-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: HP50 Grayscale programming (Updated) - manjo - 03-26-2017 11:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)