A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
04-02-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
Today I took the time to give the flex a try.

Put it in a 41CV that did not work before. Calc had one broken now glued lower post. The flex did not work correctly, only displays looking like the upper half of starburst over all digits. The same as with copper zebra in. But: For a part of a second I could see all annunciators on and all starburst. Could not reproduce.
Later I remarked that the repaired post is 0.8 mm higher than the other one and the case did not close correctly at this side. Saw it when I had removed the case separator very clearly.
I will try to shorten the post and try again later. Maybe that's the real problem, no good contact at the zebra/flex.

Put in a second one, the one in the post Mark first time mentioned his flex. With jewing gum zebra. After installing I got all @ (looks like that) in all digits. Had that also with the original zebra. Later got weird display.

In both calcs I re-used the black separator and cable wiring (2.4 mm diameter) for giving pressure.

Conclusion: Didn't bring up both calcs back to life but could see the same results as with original zebras.

Andi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector - AndiGer - 04-02-2017 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)