A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
03-31-2017, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 03:16 AM by Nate Martin.)
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
Tested on a couple of 41's had some initial success using just a foam insert as both of the splines were too thick, and very difficult to close the 41's...they worked with the thinner spline but took some maneuvering and extra hands. I also used the black spacer from the original zebra connector with the splines. The foam insert was just thin packing foam from a mailer padding that I cut out.

using an older motherboard that had the nuts to keep it in place on the posts, the backside of the motherboard was too rough with the solder connections and two penetrated one of the line traces. I will try to post a pic soon. The trace still has continuity but it looks like it hit the trace dead on which could cause a short with those solder connections if not a broken trace. I could probably resolve this issue with a little klapton tape on the motherboard before installation.

The divots did not penetrate the flexcircuit, and were in the area with the old black zebra connector holder.

[Image: IMG_0289.JPG][Image: IMG_0295.JPG][Image: IMG_0302.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector - Nate Martin - 03-31-2017 02:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)