A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
03-17-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector
(03-17-2017 01:13 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  If you are willing to ship to Canada, I can try one.
I have several fullnut HP-41 (C/CV/CX/CL) that I can test it with.
I am using my HP-41's daily.
Sylvain

First, in answer to another member's question, this trial replacement part is free and is not limited to the U.S. I checked International First Class rates for a letter and it is really not all that bad.

As anetzer suggests, this thread would be a good place to post hardware used, results and so on for others to see. I'm hoping that with successful trial results this can be another offering to members like Michael's keyboard overlays.

There are a couple of areas I'd like to validate with wider testing that I'll include in the instructions. For example, in the initial design I left the area between rows of contacts empty. I thought I might need to remove some of the flex material to accommodate protrusions like the heat stake on the bottom PCB and solder lumps on the CPU PCB. It wasn't necessary for me, but before I make a design change to move traces and reduce flex circuit size, I'd like to be sure it is not a problem for anyone else.

Lastly, I'd love to see it tested on a CL board! When I first got mine last summer (thanks!) I had some intermittent contact problems that finally cleared up after a liberal cleaning of the zebra with DeoxIT Red, then a coat of Gold. Eventually though, that old part (2113A) will fail...

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A replacement for the HP-41 zebra connector - mfleming - 03-17-2017 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)