Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
04-02-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
(04-02-2018 06:17 PM)Zaphod Wrote:  
Quote:If the mini-USB port of the 50g is damaged, you must replace the 50g.

Particular reason ?

If the socket itself is damaged and still secure on the board , surely a replace of the socket is on the cards (with the appropriate smd rework kit) ?

I'm really making a general statement for that set of the audience that aren't skilled enough to do their own SMD-level repairs (maybe 98%). More than likely, these folks are careful enough to not damage stuff anyhow, though of course accidents can happen to anyone.

Though the specs you cite are indeed interesting (and somewhat surprising to me) I stand with my earlier advice. Real world behavior has proven that you're more likely to damage the 50g than the PC if you constantly are connecting/disconnecting the device.

While an argument could be made that by leaving the miniUSB connected to the 50g all the time, you are in fact more likely to cause damage as a fall landing on the top of the machine with cable inserted could break the connector or its interface to the board more easily than if it fell alone, such contrived conditions are outside the 'normal' use scenario, IMHO.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime) - rprosperi - 04-02-2018 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)