Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
03-16-2018, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 09:12 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
(03-16-2018 08:24 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  EDIT: I am assuming you're talking about the HP-41 or 42S here, those obviously being the only RPN calculators you should be using for serious programming.

Thanks to you and Dieter. I forgot indirect calls, and yes, that's it. So now I have also to check whether ti basic/casio basic have indirect calls.

Now little question about the 41/42 observation above.

While reading the hpjournal I realized that the 41 was a little monster due to the expansion roms and the ability to control various other devices thanks to the clever HP IL interface (that survived for long time).

The 42S, for the little that I know, was a powerful calculator but limited, as one had no expansion ports. (although it had the saturn like the 71B and the 48)

So could one say that all in all the 41 was better?

Little note, thanks to wikipedia here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Saturn - how many things I still discover so late - I got to know that the saturn family as well as the 50g ended also due to the fact that was not anymore economical to produce the main CPU/SoC. I wonder if they could still produce the saturn, as the ti is still somehow getting the 68k or the zilog z80, they would still produce saturn models or not.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime) - pier4r - 03-16-2018 09:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)