Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
11-07-2017, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 07:39 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
Thanks Joe.

I do not really want a "brute force search" , rather to see how the improvements progresses (therefore keeping a dynamic topX of values). Nevertheless your code is interesting. I'll try to analyze it asap.

Other question. As I wrote some weeks ago, I am collecting data in lists that are contained in a directory. Then I have a simple backup script that puts the directory on the SD card of the 50g.

The other day I finally copied all the backups (150, one for each day) on the pc. With cygwin I can see, with the command file, that the files are HP 49 files, but they are not made by plain text as I would have expected.

Is there a preferred convert tool that converts hp49 directories in their text equivalent on the pc?

Otherwise I will check what I can do with the 50g, to store something that is "text editor friendly".

Edit: if I store the directory as a string object. It works.
So now I need a program similar to some I saw on this forum. The one I saw inspected directory and sub directories to order them by type and what not - it is quite a nice challenge; I'll have to go recursively in a directory and subdirectories to convert files from HPDIR to STR.

The hp50g does everything, not only math and programming, it is even a platform for system administrators.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime) - pier4r - 11-07-2017 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)