Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
04-03-2017, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 05:22 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators
(04-02-2017 06:19 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Your application makes good use of lists,...

Thanks for the tip. I saw something like DOSUBS and so on but I did not dive in them, I'll check once I fix the variance.

While I still do not know how you got the fitting formula, I understood that you did not try to correlate the 1st and 3rd column of this matrix, but the 1st and the 2nd.

That would be even better actually, then I have the underlying X and I can extrapolate the "variance modifier" as I want. Just I have to fix the program a bit.

edit: fitting the data between column 1 and 2 (the 1 as X, the 2 as y), with power fit I get a value very near to yours.
\( 4.5 \cdot \tt{curProbV}^{0.55} \)

For the other part of the curve, having the sum of probability tokens as X and as Y the variance of the second part of the triangle distribution (so, variance between 25 and 400) I found this with power fit (note that the longer equation is the exact solution).
Getting the functions: http://i.imgur.com/vXdXvzk.jpg

[Image: UTsLsWHl.png]

[Image: iq31OKC.png]

[Image: hDHtzUk.png]

[Image: 4x0Eb69.png]

Once again, pretty close, but this time one was not just almost perfectly the other.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators - pier4r - 04-03-2017 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)