Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
03-31-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 08:04 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators
Thanks for the reply.

In the past I used the emulator but now that I want to burn the 50g a bit, I'm using it for everything (so, I need to come up with smart debug stuff otherwise I spend too much time). So the TEVAL is always running there. I'm trying to profile the single programs at the moment.

Moreover when a loop is called once or twice, I discard it (as it, in big Oh complexity approach, the required time is constant). I will consider also START NEXT, although I use WHILE REPEAT to avoid break conditions, I do a "break" toggling a variable and trying to keep the inner code in the loop small (I also think that you agree, here) . The FOR loop so far are all needed, I will see with the profiling, although it takes time.

When I identify something slow (in terms of commands, like NDUPN vs SEQ or structures), I will ask here if the community has suggestions.

In general I agree that when the computation lasts long, the readability comes second, but code maintenance could be quantified too in approximated terms, for example gross hours that I spend before the programs completes one iteration as intented.

Sure, 2 weeks of execution are still a lot. I will see what I can do, in the case I go back to less intensive tasks and I put the code elsewhere waiting for the newRPL.

edit: I also verified that yes, flag -3 and flag -105 slow down the execution a lot. (2x slower)

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators - pier4r - 03-31-2017 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)