Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
03-17-2017, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2017 02:24 AM by brickviking.)
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
(03-16-2017 05:15 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 05:01 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  I've been wondering though, ... Is no one using the older models much anymore? Is my 48SX more of a collectors piece than a tool now.

I keep a 48SX with a 128 KB card in it on my desk. That one's the best I've found in terms of the balance between functionality, usability, and durability. Don't scrap your SX and give in to the cult of the new!

I must say as a HP-50G owner that I certainly appreciate the USB connectivity and the ability to use off-the-shelf (at least for ten years ago) SD cards as storage, and not have to source a diminishing stock of rare-at-the-time cards. And what modern computers have serial as standard? I also appreciate the speed of the 50G. In saying that, if classic (H48SX classic??? HA!) calculators keep doing the job you need them to do and they provide reasonable speed, I say keep with them until they eventually fall over. My, this is a diversion, isn't it.

Something else I use my other calculator for (in this case, a fx9750GII) is to provide me with a grocery totalling program. I've mentioned this somewhere else in this particular forum, but effectively I can add entries to one of five categories, sum those individual categories for a grand total, and additionally provide a tax figure for that total. The app I wrote also includes the ability to use five temporary variables for later price calculation. When prompted for a price, I can multiply by one of these variables. Check out this link for further details.

(Post 57)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - brickviking - 03-17-2017 12:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)