Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
03-09-2017, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 06:59 PM by Han.)
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
(03-09-2017 05:39 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 09:55 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  I'm not sure what you're asking.

When I programmed the "life gamification" algorithm (should be here , wait I do not have on a git page.) it uses a wait function to count the elapsed time. The problem is that counting the elapsed on the hp 50g, for what I know, needs a busy wait.

The command should be
Code:

updateTime WAIT KEY
   @wait for X seconds waiting also for a key

But the wait in the hp50g is busy, it means it counts the time passed after each tick until the amount of time passed equals the argument. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busy_waiting

This affects the batteries because actually instead of putting the calculator in "wait mode", the cpu computes actively the time units passed.

If you use 0 WAIT, then it will wait (with timeout) _AND_ return a key if one is pressed. If you do TICKS 0 WAIT TICKS ROT - (that's the "minus" symbol) then you will get both the key pressed and the elapsed time. If no keys are pressed, the calculator will auto shut off. When you turn it on, it will continue where it left -- i.e. it continues to wait for a key.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - Han - 03-09-2017 06:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)