Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
04-12-2019, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019 05:35 AM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
Hi, pier4r:

Quote:Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?

For assorted HP RPN calculators (HP-25, HP-12C, HP-67, HP-41C and HP-71B), apart from dice, games (all types, including adventure-like, word games, board games such as Checkers, Minichess, Othello and even a "Scrambler"-type graphic one), simulations (Life, random walks, mazes, genetic algorithms, a cross-compiler, etc.) and all that (including my Modest Mater and Sudoku Solver programs), I also wrote an ELIZA-like conversational HP-71B program which of course has nothing to do with math, it's all logic, pattern recognition, some heuristics and lotsa lotsa text handling. Limited (mainly because of limited RAM) but fun.

Another "not really math related" HP-71B program I wrote was one to create arbitrary text 3D stereograms, viewable either in a physical or emulated HP-IL monitor or by printing them to paper. If interested, it's included in my PDF article Long Live the HP-71B !. Enjoy Smile

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - Valentin Albillo - 04-12-2019 02:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)