Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
03-01-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
(03-01-2019 06:16 PM)pier4r Wrote:  One factor is the joy to do something, that seems never included in your judgment.

If that is the impression you get I must in the future change my wording :-) If I would get no joy from my calculators then I would hardly bother to search for ever new ones. Recently I was able to buy an HP-29C. The last LED calculator from HP which I was missing. What a joy when I opened the package and saw it's excellent (external) condition. Right now, it is not working. But I am confident that it's LEDs will come back to life some day. Maybe with the help of another one of Panamatik's magic little boards. That will be double joy then.
But organising my flashcards using that calculator would give me no joy at all because it would feel wrong. It was not designed for that purpose.

And yes, my examples were a bit off. I should have written something like: Solve the navigation equations associated with satellite navigation using a pocket calculator. It can be done with patience and will (maybe) improve ones understanding of geometry but by the time I have a solution my plane will be out of fuel somewhere over the Indian ocean. If you see what I mean...

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - Maximilian Hohmann - 03-01-2019 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)