Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
03-01-2019, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2019 06:21 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
@Maximilian: poor examples in my view.

I found the tools already made not fitting my needs. Therefore the idea of a personalized solution.

Not always "industrialized" solutions fit all the needs. Surely anki, tinycards, memrise and co are much better than nothing, but if I end up not using them because they don't fit, then a solution that I use is better. If I use A over B, whatever is the reason, A is more valuable for me than B.

And believe me in the case of flashcards I tried many apps, some for long time (streaks of 100+ days), but they were always barely sufficient.

Instead: good vocabulary + good grammar sources + paper + pen + personalized procedure (that is made with a calculator but can even be manual) in my case help to steadily do exercises.

Also Maximilian a remark. More often than not, although you have hundreds of calculators, your comments feels like "whoever use a calculator is using the wrong tool for the job". Tip: in the metric you use to compute the value of something, you need to consider many factors, not just one or two. Normally when one uses one or two factors things are either trivial or poorly quantified. One factor is the joy to do something, that seems never included in your judgment.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - pier4r - 03-01-2019 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)