1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
03-25-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: 08-MAR-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
(03-25-2017 01:07 PM)bruno2017 Wrote:  Other question
When i create a new system i had to always create the variables that i created in other system, for example, g (gravity), d (density), u ( velocity)

I press Shift+Symb and in the option Variable Mode i choose Automatic and then OK, but when i write the equation with a variable that i created in other system says
"Error: error de sintaxis" (means Error: Syntaxys error)

am i doing something wrong? or just to create the same variables in each system?

There are two processes regarding variables: creating variables, and then declaring them as being part of a system of equations. The "automatic mode" handles the declaration part -- provided variables already exist. So with automatic mode, you can use existing global variables such as A through Z without needing to declare them (the app will automatically do that for you if you select "automatic mode"). Otherwise, you would have to manually declare the variables using the [View] button and Add/Edit Variable option. On the other hand, manually declaring a variable will also automatically create it for use if it does not already exist.

Your syntax error is due to the fact that for the new system, g, d, and u do not already exist (they exist in the other system, but not for the new system). This behavior has nothing to do with the app (or any app/program); the HP Prime was designed in such a way that you generally can only use a variable if it exists or has been created.

The variables you created in the other system are specific only to that system. When you create a new system, then you will have to repeat the process of declaring your variables. I can add in an option to "import" variables from other systems if that would help. But simply put, every system is completely independent of each other so variables in one system are not "visible" to other systems.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 08-MAR-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver - Han - 03-25-2017 01:53 PM
Not able to solve a system - rrpalma - 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)