1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
02-25-2017, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 12:54 AM by Han.)
RE: 24-FEB-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver
(02-25-2017 12:08 AM)vitruvianjp Wrote:  First i have to say that you are doing a great job on the equation library.
i am new o this forum, first time here, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction to fined information on what is need to view or edit the code for the hp prime. ie change variable names cut and paste updated patches. or be able to do this:

this is from Han's post How would I go about doing this if I can not view the code.

Here's a slight update to the app file "Equation Library.lib" -- copy the list below and (in the virtual calc) type:

AFiles("Equation Library.lib"):= <insert list below>

.txt eqlib.lib.txt (Size: 45.3 KB / Downloads: 31)

Regarding the attached file referenced in your post, the assumption is that you already have the Equation Library app installed on the virtual calculator (i.e. the emulator). Make sure that the Equation Library app is active (select it in the Apps menu). Use any text editor to open the attached text file and copy the contents (usually Ctrl+C on PC or Command+C on Mac). Then, in the virtual calculator, type into the command line:

AFiles("Equation Library.lib"):=

Don't press the [Enter] key yet. Instead (with the cursor to the right of the = symbol) paste the contents of the text file into the command line either using Ctrl+V (or Command+V on a Mac). Then press the [Enter] key on the virtual calculator. You can also paste using the menu Edit > Paste. Once your app is updated on the virtual calculator, you can simply transfer the entire app to your calculator (explained below). In this specific case, we are not patching any program source. Rather, the text file you are "patching" is merely a "data file" that holds all equations data.

If you refer to the first post in this thread, you will always get the most updated version which requires no "patching" since it is the newest version. The zip file has installation instructions inside. However, there are times when I may post a quick-fix for those who wish to manually "patch" their installation because I may not necessarily have an update to publish immediately. So if you do not want to wait for an official update, you can make modifications yourself using the following pointers:

1. To view the source code of any program, you can do a number of things.
    1. On the calculator (or virtual calculator on your PC/Mac), press the [Shift] key followed by the [1] key to open the program browser. Select your program and view the source code by pressing [Enter] on the selected program. If your program is an app (such as this one), however, you will first need to select the app in the app menu (accessed via the [Apps] key). Then [Shift][1] to open the program browser. The program source file will be listed with "(App)" next to its name and is always the first entry in the list of programs.
    2. If you are able to run the Connectivity Kit on your PC/Mac, then you can view the program's source code by first connecting your calculator, and then double clicking on either the appropriate app or program. The program and its associated resources will be opened in a sub-window in the Conn. Kit. Click on the "Program" tab and you will see its source code. (Any virtual calculators will also show up in the Conn. Kit)

You can then copy/paste snippets of code or entire source code files using the usual copy/paste scheme on your PC/Mac (only for Conn. Kit and virtual calc).
  2. To transfer an app or program from the virtual calculator to your actual calculator, connect your calculator to a USB port on your PC/Mac. Then either press the [Apps] key, or press [Shift][1], to view the list of apps or programs, respectively. Select the app/program, and you should see the option to "Send" in the menu at the bottom of the screen of the virtual calculator. Press "Send" and it should transfer. You can also transfer in the reverse direction from your hardware calculator to the virtual one.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 24-FEB-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver - Han - 02-25-2017 12:52 AM
Not able to solve a system - rrpalma - 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)