1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
02-10-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver
(02-10-2017 12:18 AM)akmon Wrote:  Thank you for the new release, I have also updated SVD. I have edited the solver settings with your advice, edited the solver settings, previous values [1,1], and after a few seconds I get A=3,36E-5 ; B= 1,776€-5, (100 iterations). After the results I started to solve again with these new initial values, and after a few seconds the result was correct. BUT, I don´t know why I cannot exit from the matrix environment. I can go to the solver menu, but no more, no Home, no CAS, strange, only happened once, tried to do the same again and no problem this time.

Edited solver parameters to 200 iterations and the result was correct.

and if I assign [1,2] it shows "linesearch failed f> fold): yes lam 0,371136323793
IncrX=7,45499482206

If I use [-1,1] or [0,0] or [1,0] and press OK, it returms to equation menu. ¿?

By the way, the clocksand didn´t appear while solving with [1,1], I thought it hanged, but finished the calculus.
And it seems that sometimes SVD does not exist. I edit the program or debug, and it works again.

It looks like you have memory corruption (referring to the bold text).

The solving process is a bit slower in this version due to the backtracking. Before, every iteration step was a full Newton step in the opposite direction of the gradient. This could mean fewer iterations, and in other cases it could mean the Newton steps wander around in an unwanted direction. The backtracking line search technique takes smaller steps, but ensures that each step is a descent step toward either a 0 or a minimum. This is the tradeoff; perhaps I can make it optional to use line searches. As for the lockup issues:

Try the following:

1) type restart into the CAS view
2) go into the memory browser, and look in the CAS Vars submenu; delete anything that is still left over in this submenu -- make sure this is completely clean
3) turn the calculator off, and then back on (this presumably forces the memory to save its state into flash)
4) warmstart using [On][Symb]

When the calculator warmstarts, it should rebuild all stored programs. If you see a message about installing SVD then open and immediately close the source file for SVD.

Then try your solve.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver - Han - 02-10-2017 12:30 AM
Not able to solve a system - rrpalma - 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)