Leaving original user input in verbatim on CL after execution... any ideas?
01-31-2017, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 10:46 PM by tastyelectron.)
RE: Misbehaving ENG num format... any ideas?
... Haha, wow. Tim, you are absolutely right. Behavior on a TI-89 is exactly the same in this regard, which makes sense, given the loss of precision depending on whichever representation the device is set to at any given point, as you've pointed out. I didn't realize that I was mis-remembering how things were in 89-land since when I opened my Prime a few months back I had put down the 89 and seriously haven't picked it up again, even once, until now. Big Grin The Prime is great machine.

However, what IS different is that on the 89, is that when I press [=] to execute what's on the CL, the entry remains on the CL in verbatim, untouched. Thus even though the command is parsed and reinterpreted to the current number format, executed, and placed into history as that (exactly the same behavior as Prime), I can still modify my input as I had originally written it to tweak or build upon, as needed.

Apologies for the mix up, is there any way to retain my entry, verbatim, on the CL after I press [ENTER]?

Cheers,
-Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Misbehaving ENG num format... any ideas? - tastyelectron - 01-31-2017 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)