How does one buy the latest hardware release.
01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: How does one buy the latest hardware release.
(01-30-2017 07:06 PM)DrD Wrote:  It's just that when I bought an hp prime, on line, with historic confidence, I felt the product would be the best, and I didn't see it any other way ... until I saw it, and couldn't hardly see it.

Smile very well said Smile

I learned to respect and enjoy HP equipment in the 70's, when I was at the Electrical Engineering at the University in Lourenzo Marques (actual Maputo city, Mazambique).

Their laboratory equipment, like the ones you mention before, was among the best at the time (well, for some equipment like oscilloscopes I preferred Tektronix with their top class materials, build and circuit design).
And the HP calculators (I owned a 25C and a 67) were the absolute best and for me there was really no competition at the time.

So yes, I still respect HP for what they did and can still do.
The HP Prime is a good product, I said it many times before.
But no product is perfect. Fixes are being delivered. Great work from HP on firmware releases. Free of charge.

As you have mentioned, I really would love to see HP offering a keyboard fix for the existing customers.
Not for all of them. Just for those who can't read those orange labels, like myself.

I even go further and propose HP to offer spare parts for sell at the local HP branches.
I would pay for a keyboard set and replace it myself.
During the early 80's, HP in Lisbon used to sell or even give away spare parts for their customers. I was a happier HP customer at the time.

To finish this long rant, I have to say that CASIO, the number one calculator seller in Portugal, having the machines for sell in every major shop in every mall (contrary to HP where you just can't find a PRIME or a 12C for sell anywhere anymore), have a totally different attitude dealing with their customers. Here is what happened with me:

Two years ago I acquired a used CASIO Algebra 2.0 calculator and the metal memory backup battery cover was missing.
I contacted CASIO Portugal by mail, never expecting any answer. However a few days later they call me back asking for my home address so they could ship the spare parts.
Not only they sent me the required part but also sent me a complete battery compartment back cover. For free, as they didn't want to charge for that.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does one buy the latest hardware release. - jebem - 01-30-2017 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)