Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point -- interested in a sneak preview?
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 10:39 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview?
I fixed PI, MOD, and GAMMA, and uploaded new builds.

I also made some changes to the state file reading and writing code. The incompatibilities between 32-bit and 64-bit, and when switching from decimal to binary, now seem to be fixed. Note that this does mean you'll get a State File Corrupt message when you run these new builds, because of alignment changes inside the file. Also, compatibility when going from 1.4.78 or earlier to 1.4.79 is still broken; I'll fix that before the official release, but not this weekend.

Re: changing the sign of zero: that's IEEE 754. Signed zeroes! Works in the binary version, too.

Re: showing all 34 digits: I guess it would be nice if there were an option to make SHOW show full precision. Until I get around to that, I imagine adapting Glen Sanft's FWIW program shouldn't be too difficult.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with IEEE 754-2008 decimal floating-point - interested in a sneak preview? - Thomas Okken - 03-02-2014 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)