(71B) HP 3421A DATA AQUISTION/CONTROL UNIT calibration
01-05-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: (71B) HP 3421A DATA AQUISTION/CONTROL UNIT calibration
(01-05-2017 07:40 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Hi Erwin,

Coincidentally, I was thinking of writing a calibration routine for the 3421A using the 71B. Unfortunately I don't have access to the necessary standards. I'll give your program a try.

I see that the Data Acquisition ROM is required. FRAM71 comes in handy in this regard. Smile

Dave

Hi Dave,

I did it like the HP papers said to do it in the manual way (if you don't have the paper I can make a copy and send it to you) - for me its running. The number of loops through the program depends on the hardware - I have two of them and one takes 25 times, the other 7 times. It's important that there is a constant temperature during the measurement and a "burn in time" of the 3421A minimum from 1 hour.

I have no possibility to check the result with an external instrument (this have to Bussi Erwin the next step) so I can't say the program is doing it right. But the figures showed it (but never trust only figures).
In the meanwhile I changed the waiting time from 10 to 15 seconds to be on the save side - its only necessary after writing the reference but I did it after the read cycle too.
I don't have the test-extension for the digital-board so I wasn't able to include this test.

I'm happy about your feedback and to sharpen the program
Erwin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (71B) HP 3421A DATA AQUISTION/CONTROL UNIT calibration - Erwin - 01-05-2017 07:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)