CASIO fx-5200P Scientific Computer teardown
06-13-2019, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2019 08:59 AM by jebem.)
RE: CASIO fx-5200P Scientific Computer teardown
(06-12-2019 11:25 AM)foroplus Wrote:  By the way, have you tried to overclock any of these calculators that have the processor HD61747/HD61913/HD61917?. They have an internal clock which speed can be modified depending on resistor soldered to pins 25 and 26.
Some calculators have a 68K Ohms resistors (this one), and others, like the PB100 a 56K.
Seems to be that if you solder another resistor in parallel with that one, the speed of the clock is increased an thus the performance of the machine (and so the energy draining). A 30K resistor will double the speed, and a 3,3K will triple it.

Yes, the oscillator frequency was trimmed at the factory for specific frequencies and we could change it.
However I am not into overclocking things anymore these days, I would say that I am into under-clock machines to save energy Smile
As a collector, I realized that I should leave the machines in the original state as much as possible. Same for my radio collection, I don't even replace defective caps anymore as that would result in a non original radio.

I discovered your nice web site here:
Foro Plus
Lots of manuals, tips, emulators and more.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CASIO fx-5200P Scientific Computer teardown - jebem - 06-13-2019 08:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)